Sunday, December 12, 2010

Perfect Holiday Cake

This past Saturday night my family got together to celebrate Christmas. Yes, it is early but it was the only time that worked for everyone. Having four siblings is hard to find a good day for everyone to come together and celebrate. I was put in charge of dessert and I knew exactly what I wanted to make. A red velvet cheesecake is a perfect holiday cake! It has the red and white colors for Christmas! This cake takes lots of time but is so worth all the time you put in. Everyone was shocked at how wonderful it was. This recipe was given to me by one of my husband’s co worker’s wife. She made it for a Christmas party and that was the only dessert everyone talked about. I knew I needed that recipe. You have to make one cheesecake, two red velvet cakes and cream cheese frosting and layer. You put chopped pecans around the sides and top and I decided to put a star on top for a little holiday cheer. I will be making this every Christmas! If you would like this recipe you are more than welcome to email me. 
I put a star cookie cutter on top and put the pecans around the cookie cutter.
I removed the cookie cutter right before serving so it stayed pretty.

Half the cake was left...I would say it was a hit!

It's so rich a thin slice is all you need...but you can always have more.
It's the holiday season so eat as much as you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment