Friday, December 17, 2010

Ceramic Heater

I bought a Honeywell HZ-385BP Digital Tower Ceramic Heater for my son’s nursery a month ago because his room is at the back of the house and gets really chilly at night. I keep it set on 68 degrees so he would stay warm because if the room isn’t warm he doesn’t sleep good. I am all about sleeping through the night and will do whatever it take for a good nights rest. Tuesday my mom and I kept smelling this burning smell in his room. We kept sniffing around trying to decide what it might be. We looked at the outlets and found that the heater had burned our outlet plug and the heater plug. Talk about a mad mother! I was so thankful that we found what the problem was and that the house never caught on fire. The thought of what could have happen still gets me.
I called the customer service center and talked with two different ladies who both sounded concerned. I talked with the supervisor who was not helpful at all. He acted as he had received this phone call a ton. He suggested they take my heater run test on it to see why it did what it did and they would let me know. Ummm thanks?? I am waiting until they send me the packet in the mail until I make another phone call. I asked for a refund and he told me they couldn’t do anything until they had my heater. To me it seems like a we will keep your heater, you will forget about what happened and we will move on with our lives. I will not be buying anything else from them and I hope you will do the same. 


Stay away from this heater! 

2 comments:

  1. You got it! Nothing from Honeywell for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If I find one in your house I will throw it out. I can't have my 2 (almost 3) favorite kids getting hurt.

    ReplyDelete